Responsibilities include defining cybersecurity development and test efforts implementation of security controls of networking devices, databases, operating systems and hardware and software components. The Security Engineer conducts cybersecurity audits and supports the development, understanding, and integrating of cybersecurity development activities, requirements, design & architecture artifacts, plans and policies.
Collaborates with program and engineering disciplines and ensures the cybersecurity solution and alternatives to those solutions. Performs analysis for cyber security engineering modernization upgrades and monitors/tracks all security notices from government and vendors for applicable relevance. Provides system security engineering in accordance with the process, task, and activity guidelines established in DOD Instruction 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT) as the subject matter expertise (SME) input and recommendations to system engineering teams.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain and retain a DoD Secret security clearance
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Management, or related technical field with a minimum of 5+ years of technical experience related to Cybersecurity Engineering, Cyber Capability Integration and/or Network design & Configuration.
• Experience with security features and/or vulnerability analysis of various operating systems as defined by Intelligence agencies, NIST, DISA (STIGs) and USCYBERCOM
• Cybersecurity vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g.NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
• Information security tools including: anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS/ NIDS, host-based or endpoint security solutions, Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and centralized auditing tools
• IT and/or network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for UNIX, MS Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO systems
• A strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Candidate must be able to collaborate in a team environment, prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish projects across multiple responsibilities, and comprehend/analyze complex problems and develop solutions
• DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-II Compliant Certification (e.g. Security + or CISSP or equivalent)
• Familiar with NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37
• Working knowledge of NIST 800-171 and NIST 800-53
• Familiar with Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
• Multi-level security and utilization of Cross Domain Solutions
• Experience working U.S. Government contract proposals as a Cybersecurity Engineer subject matter expert
• Familiar with JAMA requirements and AlienVault Audit management tools
• MS in Information Systems Technology or related technical field
• Current Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $97,000.00 Annually